Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chocolate Legoman


I tried to make a chocolate legoman following the idea of designing them for easter time. The actual miniature hero figure would be found inside the chocolate man. For the advert to promote this product a giant chocolate legoman could be shown and then for the chocolate to crumble around him leaving a little hero figure in the middle. I took my own drawing of the choc man into 3Dmax and placed it on a plane, then tried to model the man around the image. I found this extremely difficult to get it the way I wanted it to, but this is my best attempt so far.


Side view, the objects I was creating could be seen from the back and front of the plane.


After extruding the arms I used the 'mesh smooth' modifier on the whole turso and the arms turned really weird in shape, I had to pull them out here and there to get it looking normalish..

I was trying to think as if I was actually making this in chocolate and how it would probably be wise to use basic enough shapes for body parts and yet still be able to tell what they were.
This was the drawing I was working from. Here my choc man was turning out quite good but still not chocolaty enough looking. I began to extrude the eyes and mouth here.


I ended up pulling different vertex of the turso down over the legs to take away the detail and make it look more like one complete shape. This was an image taken from a low angle to show how he could look quite large in an advert.


This was my final result, I think it looks like chocolate but there is definately improvements to be made. With some more practise I think I could find better techniques to make this in half the time and to make it look right.


No comments:

Post a Comment